Ingersoll-Rand, the parent company of the Schlage Lock Company, were producing quality physical security products for many years.
Pictured here, is a product that has many and varied applications.
This is a stand-alone, narrow stile (mullion) battery powered electric strike with keypad entry.
This application can be installed easily in many hard to fit applications.
Many requests are for access control products that enable keypad entry systems. But there are few products that are designed for the narrow-stile doors found in common shopfronts that are competitively priced and functional.
There are other products that can be used on narrow-stile doors but not many that are purposely designed, battery powered, simple enough to work with your existing lock*, cost effective and of similar quality to this brilliant product.
The Rosslinear is battery powered with an electric strike and numbered keypad and iButton reader.
The strike and keypad is powered by a small in-built lithium powered battery. External cabling and conduit are not required.
The strike is designed to be used with mortise latches or tubular latches, like your common key-in-knob entrance set. It can be used with either knobs or levers.
The Rosslinear strike is suited to individual offices, serviced offices, business centers, communal entries, appartment main entry doors, computer and server rooms, electrical and telecommunication cupboards, store rooms, banks and cash drawers (time- delay model).
There are two models available, standard and additional featured.
- Access can be keypad (4 - 8 digits) or iButton
- Weather Resistant Keypad
- Temporary keypad lockout to foil attempted guessing of PIN code
- Security cannot be breached by removal of keypad
- Up to 20,000 operations from 3V lithium battery (supplied)
- Ease of programming and operation
- 200 user capacity
- Passage Mode (Door can be left unlocked)
- No additional software to add or delete users
- Anti-tailgate automatic relocking
- No hardwiring or external power supply needed
- Easy to install - no licensed technician required
- Ability to add or delete users without affecting other users
- Time delay opening (up to 16 minutes)
- User lockout function enables all users to be temporarily denied access
Update 08/25/2011: The Ingersoll Rand Microlock is discontinued. The inventor has partnered with Lock Focus to produce the Rosslinear Battery Powered Electric Strike.
We are the exclusive agents in the USA for this fabulous product. We have installed these to communal secure access doors for schools, condominium complexes and automobile dealers.
Many pizza delivery drivers doors use these exclusively because of their ease of installation and low cost.