He is an affable chap who is an old school engineer and specialty security product manufacturer that has built a highly respected reputation around Australia, many parts of the southern hemisphere and gradual penetration into the markets of the northern hemisphere.
KJ Ross Security Locks began it's life in 1951 and grew to become one of, if not the most highly respected names in the Australian Security Lock industry.
Their wide range of products are all designed and manufactured in Australia and continue to be produced there today, despite the potential for cheaper manufacturing alternatives elsewhere.
The Ross BLE Safe Lock option, is one of their newer products recently released to market and is seeing significant traction in the safe manufacturing industry.
This great product offers increased security alternatives to commonly found digital lock products, you may see in other safe product offerings.
The body of the safe lock is comparable size to other manufacturers technical specifications, meaning it can be retrofitted in place of many other brands of safe locks.
The unique difference with the Ross BLE Safe Lock is that you can control the lock using your Bluetooth enabled Apple iPhone (Android compatibility is in development).
The product is totally off the grid and does not use the internet or cloud to store any data. This is important, given the increasing data breaches we hear about constantly in the news. All authorised users and ekey data is completely stored within the PCB controller itself.
The product is stand alone and operates using two (2) 1.5 volt batteries that can be replaced easily. the legendary Ross Six (6) Lever mechanical key lock system is incorporated within the product too (a necessary feature when batteries go flat) It uses a unique wave key design that is almost impossible to duplicate. The product also comes with an escutcheon plate and a wave key insert that installs into the dial combination spindle hole of the safe door.
- This model provides a proprietary multi-layer security encryption with rolling code to eliminate unauthorised access.
- Comprises an advanced self-defence protocol.
- Contains intelligent anti-hacking controls and counter-measures.
- Profiles the way the lock is to be opened by its endorsed users. Operating modes include –
- (Manual) that requires an ‘Unlock’ button to be pressed on the smartphone, or
- (Pin-Secured) that requires a PIN to be entered on the smartphone. The ‘eKey’ profiling feature includes –
- Distribution of ‘eKey’ profiles to all users granted access to the lock.
- Profiles an ‘eKey’ prior to its distribution by granting a date and/or time profile that defines the time-frame in which the lock can be opened.
- An ‘eKey’ is distributed as a steganographically encrypted SMS attachment that is unique to that user’s smartphone.
- An Audit Trail display facility is provided.
- Instigates the purchase of additional ‘eKeys’.
- Has the provision to store (96) ‘eKeys’.
Keith is an awesome fellow and produces his products in Knoxfield Victoria Australia (I grew up in Victoria).
KJ Ross Pty Ltd also produce a number of other well deigned and manufactured security products, some of which we have sold here in North America in the past.
The 600 Series weld on safe lock
The 700 Series that is designed to easily replace most standard 3 wheel dial combination locks using the existing spindle hole without need to modify the safe door.
The 102 series (which incidentally, I use on the safe I built from scratch during the third year of my apprenticeship in 1987)
And many other unique products.
see the site in the source below.